Location & Nearby Attractions
This bed & breakfast (B&B) is situated overlooking the river Llugwy in the picturesque village of Betws-y-Coed, within the Snowdonia National Park in North Wales.
It is ideally located for exploring Snowdonia and the whole of North Wales including Anglesey and the Lleyn Peninsula. There are many tourist attractions to visit, natural beauty to explore and outdoor activities to enjoy.
Betws-y-Coed itself is a popular village in a scenic location surrounded by forest, lakes and mountains. There are stone bridges and waterfalls to explore, and numerous gift shops and outdoor shops including well known names such as Stewart Cunningham, Cotswold Outdoor and Hawkshead.
Wales is famous for its castles. Conwy Castle is just down the valley, and there are also other castles to be visited at Caernarfon, Dolwyddelan and Harlech.
There are a number of steam railways in the area, and the Ffestiniog Railway, Welsh Highland Railway, Snowdon Mountain Railway and Llangollen Railway are all within easy reach.
Activities to be enjoyed include walking, climbing, horse riding, and mountain biking.
There are numerous walks ranging from hiking in the high peaks of Snowdonia to treks though forests and valleys past waterfalls and lakes. The lake of Llyn Elsi for example is closeby set above the guest house.
There are numerous local golf courses including courses in Betws-y-Coed, Llandudno and Conwy, and birdwatchers can visit the local RSPB reserve at Conwy. Fishing is available on the river Conwy.
Alternatively you can just relax and take in the stunning local scenery, from the lakes and mountains of Snowdonia, to the sandy beaches of Anglesey or the Lleyn Peninsula.
How to Find Us
The Fairhaven is located in the village of Betws-y-Coed in the Conwy Valley in North Wales and is well connected to the UK’s road network via North Wales’ A55 coastal expressway which links to the M6, and the A5 from the M54.
The Fairhaven Guest House
Below is a short summary of important information about staying at Fairhaven B&B. Further information about rooms, breakfast service and Betws-y-coed, Snowdonia is avilable throughout our website.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can help you further.
- We are a non-smoking establishment.
- Regrettably we have no facilities for children or pets.
- Check-in between 4pm and 8pm. If you plan on arriving earlier please let us know. If the room is ready you can have it on arrival if it is not ready we can store your bags for you until it is so that you can start your holiday as soon as you arrive.
Booking Process & Terms
- You can now Book Online.
- We currently accept the Credit/Debit Cards shown at the bottom of this page. There is a 3% charge for credit card payments (no charge for debit cards).
- A deposit of 1 nights stay per room is required on booking to secure your reservation.
- Weekend Stays (Friday, Saturday, Sunday) incur a £5.00 surcharge
- We do not accept group bookings of more than two rooms together
- Bank Holidays incur a surcharge
- Booking and Cancellation: We respectfully remind guests that a reservation constitutes a contract between themselves and the Fairhaven. In the event of a cancellation, alteration or reduction in numbers by the client the deposit paid will be non refundable. Free cancellation up to 7 days before your stay.
- Any cancellations, alterations or reduction in numbers made one week or less prior to the stay will be charged for the total amount owed. Postponed bookings will be treated as cancellations, we reserve the right to alter our tariff without notice. Free cancellation up to 7 days before your stay.
- Damage: We reserve the right to charge for the replacement, cleaning or repair of any item belonging to the Fairhaven or to the fabric of the building where damage has been caused.
- View our disability access statement